Advanced Industries Proof-of-Concept Grant Program
CSU STRATA is requesting Letters of Intent for funding through the Advanced Industries (AI) Proof of Concept (POC) Program. This funding is provided to Colorado State University (CSU) through the Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT) and is intended to accelerate the commercialization of CSU innovations with high potential for creating economic impact in the State of Colorado. CSU applicants may request up to $120,000 in funding from the State for POC projects related to the following industries: Aerospace, Advanced Manufacturing, Bioscience, Electronics, Energy and Natural Resources, Infrastructure Engineering, and Technology and Information. A 1:3 cash match is required.
The grant application period is now open.
The Letter of Intent deadline is 4:00 pm, August 29th, 2022.
All individuals interested in applying for the AI POC grant MUST first submit a Letter of Intent (LOI). The final applicant pool will be selected from the LOIs and asked to complete a full application.
Questions regarding the grant process? Contact Sarah.Belford@colostate.edu
The AI POC Program is funded by the Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT) to advance innovations developed at Colorado research institutions in the advanced industries towards commercialization, leading to economic impact in the State of Colorado. These industries include: Aerospace, Advanced Manufacturing, Bioscience, Electronics, Energy and Natural Resources, Infrastructure Engineering, and Technology and Information.
In FY2023, $665,000 has been allocated under the program specifically to fund POC projects in the Colorado State University System (CSU). This year, the maximum grant award is being set at $120,000, plus matching funds. A 1:3 cash match is required.
CSU STRATA, in collaboration with the Offices of Sponsored Programs.
AI POC grant funding is available to any Colorado State University non-temporary, salaried, stated classified or general faculty employee.
- A Letter of Intent is required to begin the process. Please use the Letter of Intent template. Letters of Intent are due by 4pm on August 29, 2022.
- Applicants who are invited to submit proposals to CSU STRATA based on their Letters of Intent will be emailed additional instructions for submitting their proposals; proposals are due by 4pm, September 30, 2022.
- Applicants whose full proposals are selected for funding by CSU STRATA following the September 30, 2022 submission will be notified and will need to complete the OEDIT full application in the OEDIT application portal by November 1, 2022 to receive funding.
All questions regarding AI POC grants at CSU should be directed to Sarah Belford via email, email@example.com.
- OEDIT has set up the AI POC Program with a 1:3 cash matching requirement. This means that $1 of matching funding must be supplied by the applicant for every $3 provided by the State.
- For example, applicants requesting the full $120,000 from the State must provide a minimum of $40,000 in matching funds, for a potential total project budget of $160,000.
- CSU STRATA may provide a portion of the matching funds for a limited number of projects; however, applications that have matching funds identified will receive priority status in the review process.
- Matching funds must be cash (not in-kind) and cannot be other State of Colorado funds or funds from existing sponsored projects. Faculty effort is not allowed as a match.