The Colorado State University Research Foundation (CSURF) is pleased to welcome Tamara Alexander-Johnson as our Executive Director, Real Estate Services, beginning November 1, 2021 In this capacity, she will oversee and work closely with CSURF’s project management and transactions team and alongside her counterpart, John Slack, Executive Director or Property Management.
Throughout her twenty-eight years of real estate experience, Tamara has led corporate real estate teams for Western Union, VF Corporation, and BBVA Bank. She has represented various owners and investors with their assets including Etkin Johnson RE Partners, Pacifica Holding Co., Archstone Communities Trust, and Western Property Development, and completed over $3.5 Billion in commercial real estate transactions locally, nationally, and globally.
Tamara has been involved in various community and industry organizations and received recognition from her peers for her achievements including:
- Women of Influence Nominee: 2019 Trailblazer Award, 2021 Connector Award
- CoreNet Global, Colorado Chapter: Membership Chair 2021, Programs committee Co-Chair 2017 – 2020
- CREW Denver: Mentor committee program Chair 2015 – 2021, Past Chapter President 1995
- CREW Network: Industry Research Committee Chair 2016 – 2017, Educational Committee 2014 – 2015
- Augie’s Qwest- ALS fundraiser: Fundraising Committee Chair 2011-2016
- Rocky Mountain Youth clinic: National Charity League Liaison 2015 – 2017
A Colorado native, Tamara is a graduate of the University of Denver, enjoys golf, travelling, collecting fine wines, and is married with two grown children: a daughter who is a senior in college, and a son who is in the USAF. Please join us in extending a warm welcome to Tamara.
The Colorado State University Research Foundation (CSURF) is a 501c3 not-for-profit entity that services a multi-campus system, under guidance of the Colorado State University System. This multi-campus system includes CSU Fort Collins, CSU Pueblo, CSU Global, and the newly developed CSU Spur campus at the National Western Center in Denver. CSURF provides multiple services to the CSU System, including the protection of intellectual property and licensing functions that are the focus of the technology transfer unit, strategic real estate functions and advisory services, and a financing program for CSU leadership-approved purchasing needs.